Jump for Jude
Ashley Nathanson is working to her godson Jude DeMatteis who has an undiagnosed disease. She is raising money on Darelicious; she’s promised to jump out of an airplane if her $50,000 goal is reached. Recently, I caught up with Ashley to learn more about the effort; here’s what he told me:
What is the social benefit you hope to achieve with or through your crowdfunding campaign?
My godson, Jude DeMatteis, has been fighting for his life since birth. After numerous tests, procedures, and misdiagnoses, doctors have not been able to identify the cause or treatment plan for his illness. Now 16 months old, Jude has been living with a permanent feeding tube, unable to process any proteins orally and only able to assimilate very minimal nutrients via the GI tube. In addition, Jude is now experiencing fluid build-up in his brain, seizures, and muscle atrophy.
To help the family find a cure for Jude’s illness, my friend Katie and I have taken on a Dare on Darelicious.com that we are calling “Jump for Jude”. If we raise our goal amount, Katie and I have agreed to face our fear of heights and jump out of a plane in support of the Dematteis family.
How much money are you hoping to raise and why? How much have you raised so far?
We are hoping to raise $50,000 for the DeMatteis family to help cover Jude’s mounting hospital bills. Doctor’s believe Jude’s illness is extremely rare and after a year of tests and procedures, the family is still without a diagnosis or treatment plan. Doctor’s have sent the DeMatteis family to the best GI and neurological team at the Children’s Hospital Cincinnati for additional tests. However, most of these costs are immense and come out of pocket. Jude’s parents, Jason and Jasmine are doing all they can not only to find a cure for Jude’s illness, but also to support their twin 4-year olds, Jack and Jenna. So far, we’ve raised over $12,000 to help the family on their quest to cure baby Jude!
Whom are you trying to help with your project and why?
We are trying to help the DeMatteis family find a cure for Jude’s illness. The family has been heartbroken by multiple misdiagnoses and excruciating pain for baby Jude. With hospital bills mounting and more tests on the horizon, we are hoping to provide the family with the funds they need to continue the fight to find a cure for baby Jude.
What rewards, if any, are you offering to your supporters?
Pledge $2000 or more
1) You and a guest will be invited to a 5 course dinner catered by Hell’s Kitchen winner, Nona Sivley. 2) Personal hand written thank you 3) Shout out on the dare video 4) Jump for Jude T-shirt 5) Roll call (A special thank you included on the dare video) ** Please note this dinner can only happen if all 5 rewards are bought. In the event you pledged at this level but we can’t have the dinner, you are entitled to rewards 2-6.
Pledge $1000 or more
1) Skydiving with Ashley and Katie 2) Personal hand written thank you 3) Shout out on the dare video 4) Jump for Jude T-shirt 5) Roll call (A special thank you included on the dare video)
Pledge $500 or more
1) Bring the family or a few guests to a picnic catered by a Private chef. Enjoy the day with great food, great people and of course Ashley, Katie, Jude and his family. 2) Personal hand written thank you from Ashley and Katie 3) Jump for Jude T-shirt. 4) Roll call (A special thank you included on the dare video)
Pledge $300 or more
1) Activision Bundle pack (includes the latest and most popular game collection) 2) Jump for Jude T-shirt 3) Roll call (A special thank you included on the dare video)
Pledge $150 or more
1) Two tickets for UCLA vs. BYU at the Rose Bowl. (September 19th, 2015) 2) Roll call (A special thank you included on the dare video) 3) Jump for Jude T-shirt
Pledge $100 or more
1) Roll call (A special thank you included on the dare video) 2) Jump for Jude T-shirt
Pledge $50 or more
Jump for Jude T-shirt
Check out the campaign:
Visit the website.